Sebastien Gendry is the Laughter Wellness guy, and one of America’s leading Gelotologists. A stress-related burnout led him to discover and experience the healing power of laughter in early 2000. It did much better than change his life. It changed him.
He is the founder and CEO of the American School Of Laughter Yoga, LLC, creator of Laughter Wellness, and has been involved with the worldwide Laughter Yoga movement at the highest level since 2005. He has travelled over 18 times around the world training hundreds of Laughter Professionals across the Americas, Europe and Australia.
He currently dedicates most of his time running the Laughter Online University. This is the world-leading provider of online education on Laughter Wellness, a complete wellbeing workout that integrates Laughter Yoga exercises and the power of breath, movement, sound, cooperative games and more into a well codified and substantiated, low-cost methodology that’s grounded in science and cognitive psychology. It is used by a variety of professionals around the world, who help their clients to laugh to “live fully until they die.”
Sebastien encapsulates and shares the power of positive and playful energy and creativity. His genuine and engaging style will motivate and empower your audience with practical tools they can use to better their health and quality of life. This is much more than being just “not sick.”
He has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, 60 minutes, ABC Good Morning America, and National Public Radio, and has worked with organizations and associations such as Microsoft, Creative Artist Agency and the American Society On Aging. He is the author of a series of reference ebooks and DVDs on Laughter Yoga and Laughter Wellness.
His purpose is to help people now, because their timeline is shortening.
More miscellaneous facts about Sebastien:
- Started to sleep under his bed at age 4 because “all explorers sleep in a tent.”
- Fell in love with computers at age 14. Programming in BASIC replaced listening to international broadcastings on the AM shortwave frequency as his new hobby.
- Hitch-hiked around Southern Europe during his summer vacations at age 15 and 16, around Northern Europe at age 17, and around the world for the first time at age 18. All his travelling was self-financed.
- Spoke 4 languages fluently by the time he was 21. Worked as a professional interpreter for the French army for 1 year.
- Worked for 1,5 years in the import-export trade out of Zagreb (Croatia), Vienna (Austria) and Hong Kong after obtaining his B.A. in international business from Angers University, France, then moved to London, UK, to work in the computer industry.
- Founded http://www.eims.biz with 2 partners in 1995 and opted out 7 years later for health and personal reasons.
- Moved to California, studied and fell in love with the healing arts and ran a healing practice Joie De Vivre Unlimited for 3 years before discovering Laughter Yoga.
If you would like to book Sebastien for a corporate ice-breaker, team-building or keynote program, please click here.