Here is a summary of frequently asked questions we’ve received over the years about our trainings. Topics covered include:
- Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Medical Advisory / Contra-Indications / Disclaimers
- Pricing, Discounts and Scholarships
- Tax Deduction
- Where To Stay
- What To Bring
- What You Can’t Bring
- More Frequently Asked Questions
Cancellation & Refund Policy
We realize that work and personal commitments may change, and the date originally booked may no longer be suitable. It is vital that our office is notified at the earliest possible time, if you are unable to attend the course
All cancellations and transfers must be made in writing, signed and faxed to +1 800 963 1385. We will confirm receipt within 48h. If you do not hear back from us within 48h of your cancellation or transfer request, you must call us at +1 800 963 1385.
- We’re easy and understand that all cancellations are due to unforeseen reasons. As a rule of thumb we will always refund you what you have paid us in full, minus a fixed administration fee of US$35.00 per delegate.
- Note however that there are regular instances when our events do sell out. If this is the case and you notify us only within the last 7 days prior to course commencement, then sadly yes, 100% of the course value is payable. Should this happen to you and as a sign of goodwill then we will offer you to transfer your registration to another of our events.
- If a delegate does not attend and notice of cancellation or transfer has not been made in writing then the invoiced amount is still payable.
- Transfers, credit notes and gift vouchers are valid only once. If you are unable to attend the course the full amount is still payable.
- Replacement participants are welcomed at no additional cost.
In Case We Cancel – Anything can happen any time to anybody, including us. The American School Of Laughter Yoga reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. If we cancel a program, you will receive a full refund. We recommend you contact your travel agent to purchase travel insurance in the event that you need to cancel or change your travel plans.
Continuing Education Credits
Our Level 1 training meets the qualifications for 12 hours of continuing education for MFT, LCSW, LPCC and LEP, as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. This is the most fun CEU course you’ll ever take! Cost= $39.
Each individual is responsible for his or her own insurance needs (be it accidental and or medical). The American School Of Laughter Yoga does not take responsibility for the misuse of the training facility equipment and surrounding Property resulting in the injury to any person within the participating group or organization while attending one of our event.
Medical Advisory / Contra-Indications / Disclaimer
Laughter Yoga is not a substitute for proper medical consultation for physical, mental and psychological illnesses and may not be suitable for everyone. It is contra-indicated for people suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart disease, epilepsy, any kind of hernia, severe backache and major psychiatric disorders. This list is for guidance only and is not meant to be exhaustive. In doubt do not try it and consult your trained medical professional for guidance. Please use your common sense: no strain, no new pain.
We greatly appreciate if you can let us know ahead of time about any health challenge you may be facing. Laughing remains optional throughout this training and there is nothing you have to do if you choose not to participate in the group activities. If in doubt please contact us and we’ll be very happy to talk with you.
Note that by signing up for any of our workshop you confirm that you have read and agree with the following terms:
- I hereby declare that I have read and fully understand that laughter yoga exercises are equivalent to any other aerobic exercise and I therefore accept full responsibility for my physical fitness and state that I am able to participate in this workshop.
- I release the facilitators/teachers/instructors from any liability, should there be any accidental injuries that may occur during the laughter yoga exercises.
- I have consulted my physician and am able to participate in the workshop. I further declare that I am not suffering from any of the following conditions: uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart disease, epilepsy, any kind of hernia, severe backache or major psychiatric disorder.
Pricing, Discounts and Scholarships
Please visit the page of the particular training you wish to attend for information on available discounts and scholarships.
Money spent on continuing education, when taken to maintain and improve professional skills, is tax deductible. There are also other business circumstances that may make such expenses tax deductible. Please contact your accountant for details.
Where To Stay
- See the page of your chosen training for more information.
- For reference the easiest way to find hotels near a training location is to go to www.orbitz.com, click on the “hotels” tab at the top of the page (you will automatically be in “quick search” on their home page) select the option “search by address” (see the address of this workshop at the top of this page). This will give you a list of what hotels are available, how far, and at what price. You can then either book what you feel is appropriate through this service or by contacting the selected hotel directly.
What To Bring
- Please bring a cushion if you cannot comfortably sit on the floor (chairs will be provided).
- Unless otherwise specified food is not included in our trainings. We invite you to bring food to share if possible. Alternatively we always make sure that there are a variety of food options within walking distance.
- You are welcome to bring a pen and paper to take notes, and everything you need to know is in the training material that you will receive.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Don’t forget your smile and be prepared to laugh a lot!
What You Can’t Bring
- Illegal / hallucinatory drugs of any kind, alcoholic anything and pets are not allowed in any of our trainings (unless service animals)
- Perfumes or strongly scented toiletries
- Incense, Candles
- Please keep your cell phone switched off or on vibrate mode during all work sessions.
More Frequently Asked Questions
The answers to all the following questions and more are found in our very comprehensive knowledge base.
- Can one make a living teaching Laughter Yoga? How much money can one make?
- Do you offer discounts of scholarships?
- Do you offer CEUs (Continuing Education Units)?
- Is the agenda of the Certified Laughter Yoga Leader training the same around the world regardless of who is teaching it?
- Laughing is not difficult. Why do I need to train?
- What is the difference between the Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training of the Dr. Kataria School Of Laughter Yoga and the Certified Laughter Leader Training of World Laughter Tour?
- Where can I get a professional liability insurance that covers me as a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader / Teacher?