This is DVD 1/9 of the 2010 All American Laughter Yoga Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico, that took place on August 26-29, 2010. You will be able to download a pdf copy of the presentation(s) included in this DVD immediately upon successful payment.
Total Content Time: 90 minutes
Region: this DVD is region free and will play anywhere in the world
Bernie DeKoven: Psychology Of Fun / Journeys on the playful path
In this keynote address funsmith Bernie DeKoven talks about the psychology of fun and journeys on the playful path that enrich people’s lives. During the course of their working lives, most people lose touch with the sources of their personal power. Thirty-five years ago, while developing a curriculum in theater for elementary school kids, Bernie made two discoveries that changed his life and some small but significant parts of the world: fun is fundamental to happiness, people can be taught how to have more fun. He eventually discovered that there was a direct connection between the experience of alienation, and the amount of fun people were having – that the more alienated people were, the less fun. Realizing he could help people make anything more fun – their jobs, their relationships, the things they make and do – Bernie set about creating public and private workshops for exploring the Playful Path.
- Learn how to tap deeply into the energies of enjoyment;
- Open new channels for bringing more success and satisfaction to your daily life;
- Have fun!
Bernie DeKoven is a lifetime member of The Association for the Study of Play and the 2006 winner of the Ifill-Raynolds award from the North American Simulation and Gaming Society. He calls himself a “funsmith” because it’s the easiest way to define the last 40-plus years of his career.
David & Meredith Vaughn: Laughing, Breathing and Relaxing your way to Joy
Experience the joy of an embodied Laughter Yoga session with playful introductions and animated benefits exercises, in-depth diaphragmatic breathing information and exercises, some laughter yoga exercises that work with serving diverse populations, and some techniques for enhancing the laughter meditation and deep relaxation (the icing on the cake!)
- Get an experiential understanding of deep diaphragmatic breathing and how to apply in Laughter Yoga sessions;
- Learn practical exercises for making group introductions and discussions of the benefits of Laughter Yoga more playful;
- Learn tips and techniques for leading deep final relaxations and ways to conclude the laughter yoga session.
David & Meredith Vaughn were trained as Laughter Yoga Teachers by Dr. Kataria in 2006 and have since trained more than 120 Certified Laughter Yoga Leaders. They both lead a successful weekly laughter club (4 years running) in Denver, CO, and a monthly Laughter Club in Taos, New Mexico. Meredee also teaches weekly Laughter Yoga sessions to homeless women and children in a day shelter in Denver as well as other community groups. Meredee was a certified Hatha Yoga/ meditation instructor, and both Davey and Meredee have led numerous retreats in Colorado and New Mexico which incorporate Hatha Yoga, Laughter Yoga, Chi Kung, and meditation. The Vaughns were honored to offer Laughter Yoga at the Democratic National Convention in Denver in 2008. They received the Laughter Yoga Ambassador award from Dr. Kataria in 2008.
People Who Have Bought This Product Also Bought This:
- DVD: Run-Through Laughter Yoga Session SITTING (see how it's done)
- DVD: Chair Laughter Yoga Series, Part One: The Gentle Workout
- [EBOOK] 10 Laughter Session Plans
- DVD: Chair Laughter Yoga Series, Part Two: The Happy & Flexible Mind Workout
- [EBOOK] Laughter Yoga FUNdamental Companion Handbook
- DVD: Learn 65 Foundational Laughter Yoga Exercises
- [EBOOK] Laughter Yoga 101: From Zero To Laughter In 0.5 Seconds
- [CD] HA! (laughter only, mostly women laughing)