This is DVD 2/9 of the 2010 All American Laughter Yoga Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico, that took place on August 26-29, 2010. There are no pdf copy of the presentations included in this DVD.
Total Content Time: 72 minutes
Region: this DVD is region free and will play anywhere in the world
Rita Skelly: Learn Lasting Techniques To Boost Your Self-Confidence With Laughter
Join Rita Skelly for a fun-filled liberating laughter experience. Hear about her personal challenges to stay sane while dealing with learning difficulties ( ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia). You will breathe and laugh your perceived weaknesses in energy that can be used to help you relax into the warm nurturing safe surroundings of your creative self.
- Objective 1: To use Rita’s own personal experience as an example of transforming feelings of inadequacy, fear and, unworthiness into assets.
- Objective 2: Creating an interactive experience that is meaningful and transformative and demonstrates the power of laughter: present exercises that stimulate the cerebellum that might lead to all sorts of positive changes in brain function, including improvement in reading and attention as well as coordination.
- Objective 3: Learn how to make laughter yoga part of your daily spiritual practice. This helps your body to become accustomed to the sensation of joy, so it becomes easier to attract other avenues of joy-filled experiences.
Rita Skelly has more than 15 years of experience in the healing arts. She has a B.A. in Education and M.A. in Organizational Development. Rita was ordained from the Baltimore Spiritual Science Center in Baltimore Maryland. She was trained in the Bowen technique and certified from the Baltimore Massage School. Rita became a certified laughter leader in 2000 and created the first laughter club in the state of Delaware.
Tonianne Baca-Green: Laughter Yoga as a Conflict Management Tool at the Bureau of Indian Affairs
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is a large federal agency with a lot of conflict. In 2009, Tonianne Baca-Green was tasked with training the agency, nationwide, on Conflict Management, which includes processes like mediation, Interest-based Negotiation and effective communication. Recent research in the field of social neuroscience-the study of what happens in the brain while people interact-shows what is even more important is laughter! Studies show that top-performing leaders elicited laughter from their subordinates three times as often, as did mid-performing leaders. Being in a good mood helps people take in information effectively and respond nimbly and creatively. In other words, laughter is serious business!”
Tonianne Baca-Green is an attorney and a yoga teacher. People usually laugh when they hear this. Both pursuits caused her to be very, very serious and closed. Laughter Yoga opened her up. As a Mediator and a non-violent communications trainer (the yoga of speech) she found that Laughter Yoga provides an experiential way of connecting with compassion and light-heartedness. This is exactly what is needed in teaching federal bureaucrats how to effectively manage conflict and find joy and connection even at work. Tonianne is also a certified Laughter Yoga professional.
People Who Have Bought This Product Also Bought This:
- DVD: Run-Through Laughter Yoga Session SITTING (see how it's done)
- DVD: Chair Laughter Yoga Series, Part One: The Gentle Workout
- [EBOOK] 10 Laughter Session Plans
- DVD: Chair Laughter Yoga Series, Part Two: The Happy & Flexible Mind Workout
- [EBOOK] Laughter Yoga FUNdamental Companion Handbook
- DVD: Learn 65 Foundational Laughter Yoga Exercises
- [EBOOK] Laughter Yoga 101: From Zero To Laughter In 0.5 Seconds
- [CD] HA! (laughter only, mostly women laughing)