The regular practice of any of the following simple exercises will help you create a sense of greater happiness in your life. Just as the orange provides the juice, laughter provides the happiness.
- Write down three positive occurrences that happened during the day, every night for one week – then for each occurrence write down an answer to the question of why the good thing happened.
- Pro-actively email or call someone (anybody you want) to share good news only.
- Pro-actively email or call at least one person you like or love every day to catch up with them.
- Take a picture of yourself smiling every day for 21 days.
- Ask yourself constantly “why is this happening for me?” rather than “why is this happening to me?” Enhance the positive traits rather than rue and mull on the negative thoughts.
- Make optimistic attributions to real life situations as a preference to pessimistic conclusions. Read http://goo.gl/1Gx5R to learn more about this.
- Starting today, find an empty jar and take the time every month to fill it with notes about good things that have happened to you. Then, on New Years Eve, empty it and see what awesome stuff happened during the year. It’s a very good way to keep things in perspective! Use this opportunity to express gratitude, appreciation and forgiveness.
- First do everything you can to feel good (e.g. laugh!) daily, then practice positive affirmations and associate the feelings you have to them. Don’t ask for something you do not already have, affirm your gratitude for the knowing that it is coming.
Need More Time-Tested Ideas?
Special report: How to create and maintain a daily laughing alone practice
Only $9.95 – Buy it now